03 November 2020 Current Affairs
Country’s First E-resource centre and virtual court “Nyay Kaushal” inaugurated in Nagpur by CJI
The Chief Justice of India (CJI) Sharad Arvind Bobde and Justice DY Chandrachud of the Supreme Court unveiled the Country’s First E-resource centre and virtual court “Nyay Kaushal” inaugurated in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- The Nyay Kaushal will ease electronic-filling of cases in the Supreme Court, any High Court and district courts across the country to handle speedy justice for litigants, by utilising technology.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Capital: Mumbai
Ganga Utsav being organized by NMCG & Jal Shakti Ministry
The Ganga Utsav has begun on November 2, 2020 Virtaully due to COVID19 pandemic. The Utsav is being organized by the National Mission for Clean Ganga and the Ministry of Jal Shakti. This year , 12th anniversary of Ganga being declared as the national river of India. It will be concluded on November 04,2020.
- It is aimed at creating awareness about keeping Ganga and its tributaries clean. The Ganga Utsav is being celebrated and observed in the light of 12th anniversary of declaring River Ganges as National river.
Duarte Pacheco designated as Portugal’s new President of Inter Parliamentary Union
Duarte Pacheco was designated as the new President of Inter Parliamentary Union. His tenure as the president of the union between 2020 and 2023. He succeeded Mexican MP Gabriela Cuevas Barron.
- The 206th session of the Inter Parliamentary Union began. Officers from 144 parliaments attended the session. Indian side was led by the Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla.
Fortified Rice Distribution Scheme was initiated in Chhattisgarh Statehood Day
Chhattisgrah Government has launched Fortified Rice Distribution Scheme in the State on the occasion of Statehood Day. The objective of this scheme is to to reduce malnutrition and anaemia in the state.
- The State CM Bhupesh Baghel also inaugurated Mukhyamantri Sahari Slum Swasthya Yojana, A 132/33 KV power substation in the district of Bijapur and 87.5 km long electricity line to supply 23 remote villages in the naxal affected regions.
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Sushri Anusuiya Uikey
Kerala CM unveils India’s First solar-powered miniature train Veli village of Kerala
Chief Minister of Kerala Pinarayi Vijayan, launched the India’s first of its kind solar energy-driven miniature train was inaugurated at the Veli Tourist Village, Kerala.
- The CM also dedicated an “Urban Park” and a swimming pool at the eco-friendly tourist village, located on the outskirts of the state capital where the Veli Lake meets up with the Arabian Sea.
- Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
Tamil Nadu gives nod to 100% vehicle tax waiver to Electric Vehicles
Government of Tamil Nadu has announced that will grant 100 percent motor vehicle tax exemption for battery-operated vehicles or the Electric Vehicles (EVs). The state government also announced to include the incentives such as 100 percent GST reimbursement and 50 per cent capital subsidy in order to attract investments.
- Tamil Nadu has also planned to set up the country’s first park exclusively for the electric vehicle production eco-system.
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
MoUs & Agreements
IREDA inked agreement with MNRE to set key targets for the year 2020-2021
The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) which Government of India Enterprise under the administrative control of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has signed agreement with Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) to set key targets for the year 2020-21.
- Under this agreement, has set a revenue target of Rs 2,406 crore from the renewable energy industry. The total loan disbursement for these projects stands at Rs 57,000 crores.
About Ministry of New and Renewable Energy:
- Minister of State: Raj Kumar Singh
Science & Technology
IIT Madras establishes “IITM COVID Game” for raising awareness to children
The Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Madras has developed “IITM COVID Game” with an aim to raise awareness on the COVID-19 virus to children. Currently this game has been launched in 12 languages.
- The Games comprise of the healthy practices and a positive social behaviour that will influence people’s action in order to keep themselves and the world safe.
Malayalam Author Paul Zacharia selected for Kerala’s highest literary honour Ezhuthachan Puraskaram 2020
Writer Paul Zacharia has been selected for the 28th Ezhuthachan Puraskaram, the highest literary honour of the Kerala government.
- He was selected for the award for his contributions to Malayalam literature and thought for the past fifty years. The award carries a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and a citation and a plaque.
Summits & Conference
Union Minister to inaugurate 13th Urban Mobility India Conference 2020 on November 09
Union Minister Hardeep S. Puri to inaugurate 13th Urban Mobility India Conference 2020 on 9 November 2020. The day-long Conference will be held virtually through video conferencing.
- The main theme of this year’s event is “Emerging Trends in Urban Mobility”
- The theme focuses on innovative measures taken at national and international level to address the challenges posed by Covid-19 pandemic to provide accessible and convenient transport to the people.
Books & Authors
Book named Pandemonium: The Great Indian Banking Tragedy” written by Tamal Bandyopadhay
Tamal Bandyopadhyay who is an Indian business journalist has written a book named “Pandemonium: The Great Indian Banking Tragedy” and will be released on November 09, 2020.
- This book is a bird’s-eye view of Indian banking and also a fly-on-wall documentary.
Indian Coast Guard Ship C-452 inducted into Indian Navy under Make in India initiative
Rajan Bargotra, Additional Director General (Western Seaboard), inducted Indian Coast Guard’s (ICG) ship C-452 through video conference in Ratnagiri, Maharashtra. This Ship was commissioned under Make in India initiative.
- Earlier, Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh had commissioned the ICGS Sachet and two other interceptor boats namely C-451 and C-450 in Goa.
About Indian Navy:
- Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff (DCNS): Vice Admiral M. S. Pawar
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh
- Founded: 26 January 1950
Malabar Naval Exercise – First Phase begins in Bay of Bengal
The Malabar Naval Exercise has begun in Visakhapatnam, Bay of Bengal. Indian Navy, United States Navy, Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force and Royal Australian Navy are participated in the Naval Exercise.
- This exercise was started in 1992 as a bilateral Indian Navy- United States Navy exercise. Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force joined Malabar in 2015.
- This is the 24th edition of the Malabar Naval Exercise is scheduled in two phases during the current month.
Emilia Romagna Grand Prix won by Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton won the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix on Sunday for a record-extending 93rd Formula One victory. He is followed by Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) and Daniel Ricciardo (Renault).This grand prix was organized by Federation Internationale de l’Automobile.
- It was the 13th 2020 FI Championship.
About Federation Internationale de l’Automobile:
- President – Jean Todt
- Headquarters – Paris, France
Noted violinist T N Krishnan dies
Popular violinist T.N. Krishnan passed away in Chennai last night. He was 92. He was born in Kerala in 1928. He is a recipient of several awards including Padma Vibushan.
- He also served as the Dean of the School of Music and Fine Arts, University of Delhi.