04th November 2020 Current Affairs
Indian Naval Ship (INS) Airavat reached Sudan on with 100 tonnes of food aid as a part of ‘Mission Sagar-II’. The Indian Navy ship will hand over food aid to Sudan, South Sudan, Djibouti and Eritrea in the coronavirus situation.
About Mission Sagar-II:
Mission Sagar II follows the First ‘Mission Sagar’ undertaken in May-June 2020, wherein India reached out to Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar and Comoros, and provided food aid and medicines
About Indian Navy:
- Vice Chief of the Naval Staff (VCNS): Vice Admiral G. Ashok Kumar
- Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff (DCNS): Vice Admiral M. S. Pawar
- Founded: 26 January 1950
Cabinet approved MoU between India and Israel in the field of Health and Medicine
Union Cabinet approved MoU between India and Israel on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine. Under this MoU both countries will exchange medical doctors, other health professionals, information regarding regulation of pharmaceutical, medical devices and cosmetics.
- The main objective of this MoU is to promote mutual research in various relevant areas.
- Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Capital: Jerusalem
Six startups win UN’s COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge conducted by MyGov
MyGov,which is the Indian government’s citizen engagement platform announced six women-led startups as winners of its COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge held in collaboration with UN Women.
- The objective if this challenge is to encourage and involve women led startups to come up with innovative solutions that can help in the fight against COVID-19.
- Three winners received Rs. 5 lakh each while the top three promising solutions got Rs.2 lakh each.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to attend Global Investor Roundtable through Video Conferencing
Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi will chair the Global Investor Roundtable Virtually through Video Conferencing. The Roundtable is being organized by the Finance Ministry and National Investment and Infrastructure Fund.
- This Conference will be Participated by Finance Minister, Minister of State for Finance, RBI Governor and other dignitaries.
About Finance Ministry:
- Union Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Minister of State: Anurag Singh Thakur
Union Cabinet approved MoU between India and UK in the field of Telecommunication
Union Cabinet of India has approved MoU between India and United Kingdom in the field of Telecommunication. The MoU was signed by Ministry of Communications of India and Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sports (DCMS) of United Kingdom.
- The aim of this MoU to strengthen the bilateral cooperation and mutual understanding in the field of Telecommunications.
- Prime minister: Boris Johnson
- Capital: London
Union Tourism Minister inaugurates Tourist Facilitation Centre facility at Guruvayur, Kerala
Union Minister of State for Tourism & Culture Shri Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated Tourist Facilitation Centre at Guruvayur, Kerala. This was constructed under the project “Development of Guruvayur, Kerala” under PRASHAD Scheme of the Tourism Ministry.
- The project for “Development of Guruvayur” under the scheme was approved by the Ministry of Tourism with the cost or Rs. 45.36 crores in March 2017. The Tourist Facilitation Centre has been successfully completed with the cost of Rs. 11.57 Crores.
United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) which is the one of the six principal organs of the United Nations has adopted Two India Sponsored Resolutions on Nuclear Disarmament.
The Two Resolutions are:
- Convention on Prohibition of the use of Nuclear Weapons
- Reducing Nuclear Danger
These Resolutions are sponsored by India under the nuclear weapons cluster manifests India’s commitment towards the goal of nuclear disarmament.
High Level Joint Task Force between India & UAE held virtually
India and United Arab Emirates (UAE) conducted the High Level Joint Task Force on Investment virtually through video conferencing.
- The meeting was co-chaired by Union Minister Piyush Goyal and Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Member of the Executive Council of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- The Joint Task Force was create in 2012.
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal lays Foundation Stone of Rs 10 Crore Vegetable Protected Cultivation Project
Chief Minister of Assam Sarbananda Sonowal and Israels Ambassador to India Ron Malka jointly laid the foundation stone of Rs. 10.33 crore Indo-Isreali Centre of Excellence for Vegetables Protected Cultivation at Khetri, Guwahati.
The Aim of this project is to boost the agricultural activities in the state by providing exposure to latest Israeli technologies to the state’s farmers.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
Magnetic Maharashtra 2.0 – State Government inked MoU worth Rs 35000 crore with 15 companies
The State Government of Maharashtra signed MoU worth Rs 35000 crore with 15 companies on Magnetic Maharashtra 2.0.
- These MoUs were signed between the state-run Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) and the 15 companies and they are expected to create 23,182 jobs.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Capital: Mumbai
Summits & Conference
Urban Mobility India Conference to be held on November 09
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs will conduct the Urban Mobility India Conference on 09 November 2020. The Ministry has released the National Urban Transport Policy, 2006 (NUTP).
- As part of the NUTP, the Ministry has taken the initiative to organize an annual international Conference-cum-Exhibition on Urban Mobility India popularly known as UMI.
- The main theme of this year’s event is “Emerging Trends in Urban Mobility”
Rajiv Jalota designated as Mumbai Port Trust Chairman
Rajiv Jalota appointed as Mumbai Port Trust Chairman. His appointment was approved by The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) which decides appointments to several top posts under the Government of India.
- The Mumbai Port Trust comes under the Ministry of Shipping. He succeeded Sanjay Bhatia (IAS), who superannuated from the services on July 31.
Reports & Rankings
WWF Report 2020 – 30 Indian cities to face water risks by 2050, Topped by Jaipur
World Wide Fund which works in the field of wilderness preservation and the reduction of human impact on the environment has released a survey. According to the WWF Water Risk Filter, 100 cities that are expected to suffer the biggest rise in water risk by 2050 are home to 350 million people.
- Jaipur has topped in India, 30 Cities of India have been place in the survey including Delhi, Indore, Amritsar, Pune, Srinagar, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Kozhikode and Vishakhapatnam, are such high-risk regions.
- Headquarters: Gland, Switzerland
- Founded: 29 April 1961
Union Health Minister released Estimating the Economic Benefits of Investment in Monsoon Mission and High- Performance Computing Facilities Report
Union Health Minister Dr.Harsh Vardhan launched Estimating the Economic Benefits of Investment in Monsoon Mission and High- Performance Computing Facilities Report. The report was prepared by National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER).
- According to the report, 1000 crores of investment in High Performance computing facilities in India will bring in 50,000 crores of benefits.
HDFC Bank emerged as Most Outstanding Company-Financial Sector in India as per Asiamoney
HDFC Bank has been voted ‘Most Outstanding Company – Financial Sector in India. The poll was conducted by the well-known publication Asiamoney. HDFC Bank received this honour for the second consecutive year.
- Bharti Airtel won the overall winner by Market in India.The Poll aims to identify and recognise listed companies in 2 categories: by country and by sector.
About HDFC Bank:
- MD & CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Australian Cricket Player Shane Watson announces retirement from all forms of Cricket
The former Australia all-rounder, Shane Watson announced retirement from all forms of Cricket. He had already retired from international cricket in 2015.
- Watson has played 59 Tests, 190 ODIs, and 58 T20s at the international level, has won the ICC World Cup with Australia twice, in 2007 and in 2015.