Union Cabinet of India approves PLI scheme for 10 sectors worth Rs 1.46 lakh crores
Union cabinet approved Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for ten sectors. The schemes are worth of Rs 1.46 lakh crores.
- The Cabinet approved this scheme to Enhance India’s Manufacturing Capabilities and Enhancing Exports – Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- The PLI scheme will be implemented by the concerned ministries and will be within the overall financial limits allocated.
- The final proposals of PLI for individual sectors will be appraised by the Expenditure Finance Committee (EFC) and approved by the Cabinet.
Bihar Election 2020 – NDA becomes winner with 125 seats
The Election commission of India (ECI) has released the results of Bihar Election on 11 November 2020. NDA is set to form a government by winning 125 seats and is set to form government again in the state.
- As per ECI, BJP won 72 seats, the JDU won 42 and the RJD had won 75 seats. Congress contested in 70 constituencies and won in 19.
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
- Capital: Patna
Hunar Haat’, Minority Affairs Ministry’s flagship programme to create employment opportunities for artisans across the country resume operations after seven months due to COVID19 pandemic.
- The Hunar Haat is being organized by the IITF, Pragati Maidan from November 11 to 22. The theme of this Hunar Haat is “Vocal for Local”.
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurated ‘Hunar Haat’ at Delhi Haat, Pitampura.
Aung San Sui Kyi led NLD Party claims to win Myanmar Elections
Myanmar’s Election Commission has announced that the Nobel Peace Laureate winner Aung San Sui Kyi led National League for Democracy had won majority of 348 seats in parliament and power to select the country’s next president.
- The NLD Party won 348seats across the lower ans upper house of parliament.
- Around 38 million voted to select the National League of Democracy (NLD) Party for a second term.
Collins Dictionary named ‘lockdown’ as Word of the Year
Collins Dictionary announced that “lockdown” is its Word of The Year in 2020 following a increase in usage during the spread of Covid-19.
- As per the Collins Dictionary Data, Lexicographers (people who work on dictionaries) found over 250,000 usages of “lockdown” during 2020, up from just 4,000 last year.
- In 2019, Collins’ word of the year was “climate strike”.
UN Launches Food Coalition – To Stop COVID-19 Food Crisis
The United Nations has launched a new Food Coalition in order to stop COVID-19 food crisis. It was then led by Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- The Food coalition was inaugurated by the Italian Prime Minister Guiseppe Conte and the Netherlands’s Deputy Prime Minister.
- The Food Coalition will increase resilience of agricultural food system and ensure food access.
Summits & Conference
17th ASEAN-India: Prime Minister Modi to co-chair with Vietnam Prime Minister
Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi will co-chair 17th ASEAN-India Summit with Vietnam Prime Minister Vietnam Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
- This summit is expected to boost ASEAN-India engagement and review the status of ASEAN-India Strategic Partnership
- India became a sectoral dialogue partner of the then 6 member ASEAN in 1992.
- Earlier 16th ASEAN-India Summit in Bangkok in November last year.
Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu conferred 2nd National Water Awards – Tamil Nadu bags Best State Award
Vice President of India M. Venkaiah Naidu conferred 2nd National Water Awards. Tamil Nadu has bagged the best State award for water management for the year 2019.
- In all 98 awards in 16 different categories presented for various States, Tamil Nadu won 11 prizes under five key categories.
- Maharashtra secured the second and Rajasthan got the third prize.
Rankings & Reports
EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy list 2020 – Topped by Azim Premji
- Wipro’s Founder Chairman Azim Premji and his family have topped the EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2020 with contribution of Rs 7,904 crore. He was followed by Shiv Nadar, Chairman of HCL Technologies and Mukesh Ambani, the Chairman of Reliance Industries (RIL).
- Mumbai topped the preferred city of residence for top philanthropists. Delhi and Bengaluru followed as second and third cities restively
Paytm initiates Payout Links for businesses to facilitate instant payment processing
Paytm has launched Paytm Payout Links for businesses, which enables customers to process payments without the need to collect bank details.
- Paytm Payment Links was launched through Paytm Payout. Users can decide which account to receive funds in and maintain data privacy.
- Founded: August 2010, Noida
- CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Books & Authors
Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu launched titled “Thavaasmi: Life and Skills through the lens of Ramayana”
- Venkaiah Naidu released book named Thavaasmi: Life and Skills through the lens of Ramayana”. The book was written by Rallabandi Srirama Chakradhar and co-written by Amara Sarada Deepthi.
- It presents the story of Ramayana as a dialogue between a father and daughter with a number of exercises making it an interesting learning experience.
IPL 2020 Concludes: Mumbai Indians defeats Delhi Capital to win the title fifth time
Rohit Sharma led Mumbai Indians won the IPL 2020 Trophy for the fifth time. This team already won the title in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2020.
- In the final match, Delhi Capitals, batting first, scored 156 runs after losing 7 wickets in 20 overs and set the target of 157 runs for Mumbai Indians to win.
- The BCCI (Board of Control of Cricket of India) announced in 2007 about the establishment of Indian Premier League.
Bahrain’s Prime Minister Sheikh Khalifa dies
Prime Minister of Bahrain Prime Minister Sheikh Khalifa, world’s longest-serving Prime Minister, has passed away.
- He was the longest-serving Prime Minister of any country in the world. He was appointed as prime minister in 1971.
- Prince Khalifa bin Salman al-Khalifa was honoured with the World Peace Culture Award on August 6, 2017.
World Pneumonia Day is observed on November 12
Every year World Pneumonia Day is observed on November 12. This day was Proclaimed by World Health Organization. It was first celebrated in the year 2009 by the Global Coalition against Child Pneumonia.
- The main aim behind its observance is to spread awareness about pneumonia worldwide to reduce its prevalence.
November 12 – Public Service Broadcasting Day 2020
The day is celebrated every year to commemorate the first and only visit of Mahatma Gandhi, to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
- On 12 November 1947, Gandhi had decided to visit the studio of All India Radio, to convey his message through radio
- The day was declared as Public Service Broadcasting Day or (Jan Prasaran Diwas) in 2000.