Central Government launches New Job Scheme named Atma Nirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana
Union Minister for finance launched Atma Nirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana to create new employment opportunities during Post COVID-19.
- The Yojana will benefit new employees of EPFO registered organizations and the new employees who had lost their jobs between March 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020 at the time of pandemic situation.
- The central government will give subsidy for two years for newly eligible employees engaged on or after October 1, 2020 under the scheme.
Union Cabinet approves Viability Gap Funding Scheme, with a total cost of Rs 8,100 crore
Union Cabinet of India approved viability gap funding (VGF) scheme envisaging a total outlay of Rs 8,100 crore.
- The main objective of this approval is to encourage investment in social as well as economic infrastructure projects
- The CCEA approved the continuation and revamping of the VGF Scheme under the public private partnership (PPP) model till 2024-25.
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to regulate all OTT platforms including Netflix
The central government has brought all OTT Platforms such as Netflix, Amazon’s Prime Video, Hotstar, and others under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- As per the order, the government regulations also apply to news on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- According to the data, India had as many as 17 crore OTT platform users.
About Ministry of Information and Broadcasting:
- Union Minister: Prakash Javadekar
Haryana Chief Minister launched ‘Project Air Care’ to combat pollution in Gurugram
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched ‘Project Air Care’ in the district’ to fight against air pollution.
- These devices can reduce PM10 by 60-70 % and PM2.5 by 30-40 % at traffic junctions.
- This is created by National Environmental Engineering Research Institute and IIT-Bombay.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
Union Finance Minister announces Economic Stimulus Package 4.0
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced Economic Stimulus Package 4. Under this package the minister made the following announcements:
- Rs 6,000 crores for National Investment and Infrastructure Funds.
- Rs 10,200 crores for industrial infrastructure, green energy and defence equipment
- Rs 3,000 crores for IDEAS Scheme
- Rs 65,000 crores was allocated for fertilizer subsidies
- Rs 6,940 crore scheme to promote manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients.
In addition to boost employment, the centre has launched the Atmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana for creation of new employment opportunities.
BRICS Health Ministers Conference held virtually through Video Conferencing
Union Minister for Health Affairs, Dr. Harsh Vardhan attended the 10th BRICS Health Ministers Conference Virtually through online mode. 9th BRICS Health Ministers Conference was held in Curitiba, Brazil.
- The BRICS 2020 Summit is scheduled to be held virtually due to COVID-19 on November 17, 2020. Russia will be the host of this 12th edition of this summit.
- The 5 BRICS countries are Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
International Children’s Peace Prize 2020 won by Sadat Rahma
Bangladesh teen ager Sadat Rahma won International Children’s Peace Prize 2020.
- He won this award for his involvement in setting up his social organization and mobile app ‘Cyber Teens’ to stop cyberbullying.
- This award is instituted in 2005 by the International children’s rights organization KidsRights situated in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
India test fires QRSAM Missile in Odisha
India test fired QRSAM (Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air-Missiles) at Chandipur Test Fire Range, Odisha.
- The missile is capable of striking aerial target at a height of 15 km.
- It is capable of engaging six targets simultaneously.
- The system is capable of detecting and tracking targets on the move and engaging target with short halts.
Popular Bengali Film Actor Soumitra Chatterjee Passes away
Legendary Bengali Actor Soumitra Chatterjee Passed away. He was tested COVID-19 positive which later developed into multiple complications leading to his demise.
- He is the winner of Dada Saheb Phalke Award.
- He is best known for his collaborations with the Oscar-winner legendary director Satyajit Ray.
16 November – International Day for Tolerance
The International Day for Tolerance is celebrated yearly to generate public awareness of the dangers of intolerance. It is observed on 16 November.
- On 16 November 1995, the member states of UNESCO which is a specialised agency of the United Nations aimed at promoting world peace and security adopted the Declaration of Principles on Tolerance.
National Press Day is celebrated on 16 November
National Press Day is celebrated on 16th November 2020. This day is celebrated every year to to commemorate the establishment of the Press Council of India which was formed in 1966.
- Press Council of India is a statutory, adjudicating organization in India formed in 1966 by its parliament.
- The day marks the presence of free and responsible press.