Bharat Biotech start Third phase of COVAXIN Trials in India
Bharat Biotech has started the Phase III trials of COVAXIN vaccines. The vaccine is being indigenously developed by the Bharat Biotech in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- The trials will involve 26,000 volunteers.
- T the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) had given permission to Bharat Biotech to conduct phase 1 and 2 clinical trials of its Covid-19 vaccine in July.
Peru Interim President Manuel Merino resigns
Peru’s interim president has resigned, followed by the protests against his government.He replaced President Martín Vizcarra, who was removed in an impeachment procedure.
- Merino was the President of Congress until being appointed interim president after Congress impeached former President Martin Vizcarra
- Capital: Lima
- Currency: Sol
ADB provides USD 20 million to foster Developing Members Nations to get COVID-19
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has funded USD 20.3 million to its Developing Members Countries to access the coronavirus vaccine.
- The funds will strengthen the capacity to access, introduce, deploy, deliver, and monitor vaccines safely and effectively.
- The funds consists of an USD 20 million from ADB’s Technical Assistance Special Fund (TASF) and USD 300,000 from the High-Level Technology Fund which has been financed by the government of Japan.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Founded: 19 December 1966
Nitish Kumar sworn as Chief Minister of Bihar for the seventh time
Nitish Kumar has been sworn in as the Bihar Chief Minister for fourth consecutive term. Bihar Governor Phagu Chauhan administered the oath of office and secrecy to Mr Kumar at Raj Bhavan in Patna.
- Deputy Chief Ministers Tarkishore Prasad and Renu Devi have also been sworn in the event. Renu Devi has become the first woman Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar.
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan Trending
- Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar
- Capital: Patna
Summits & Conference
PM Narendra Modi participates in 12th BRICS Summit; hosted by Russia
Prime Minister of India, shri Narendra Modi participated in 12th BRICS Summit. The Summit is hosted by Russia. India will host the 13th BRICS Summit next year.
- The theme of the summit is Global Stability, Shared Security and Innovative Growth.
- He also addressed Third Annual Bloomberg New Economy Forum. The Bloomberg New Economy Forum was established in 2018 by Michael Bloomberg.
Rankings & Reports
World’s Best Cities List 2020 Released- Delhi secures 62nd Spot
As per the World’s Best Cities report 2020, National Capital Delhi has secured 62nd Position. The List is topped by London. The ranking for the cities has been done by Resonance Consultancy Ltd.
- Total of 100 cities across the world with a population of more than 10 lakh were surveyed.
- This year the rate of Covid-19 infections, unemployment, and income disparity also considered in the ranking.
Top 5 Cities are:
- New York
India’s WPI-based inflation rate increased to 1.48 per cent in October
The annual rate of inflation based on Wholesale Price Index (WPI), stood at 1.48% (provisional) in October 2020. This is the highest level of whole sale price index based inflation from February.
- The WPI-based inflation rate is 1.32 percent in September.
- Food inflation is October is decreased from 8.17 per cent to 6.37 per cent from the previous month.
HDFC Bank launched “Mooh Band Rakho” Campaign to raise awareness about cyber frauds
HDFC Bank has initiated Mooh Band Rakho Campaign to increase awareness about cyber frauds to the people.
- The bank will conduct 1,000 workshops in 4 months all across the country.
- The campaign was launched as part of the International Fraud Awareness Week 2020 which is being held on November 15 to November 21, 2020.
About HDFC Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994.
SBM Bank India and to launch neo banking platform named ‘Nivesh’
SBM Bank India has collaborated with Fintech PayNearby to initiate ‘neo banking platform’ called ‘Nivesh’. It offers complete digital banking experience through mobile applications.
- The aim of this platform is to reach its customers in the country with the help of technology.
- The platform is also known as an online bank, internet-only bank, virtual bank or digital bank.
About SBM Bank (India) Limited:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- MD and CEO: Sidharth Rath
RBI constituted Reserve Bank Innovation Hub to promote innovation in financial sector
The Reserve Bank of India has constituted a Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH) to boost innovation in the financial sector by implementing new technologies and creating an environment which would facilitate and promote innovation.
- Shri Senapathy Gopalakrishnan, co-founder and former co-Chairman, Infosys, has been appointed as the first Chairperson of the RBIH.
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Agreements & MoUs
Department of Investment and Public Asset Management signs pact with World Bank
Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) has signed agreement with World Bank to provide advisory services to DIPAM for asset monetization.
- The World Bank advisory project is approved by the Finance Minister. The project is aimed at analyzing public asset monetization in India.
About World Bank:
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass
Australia and Japan Agree to sign landmark Defence Agreement
Australia and Japan Agree to ink landmark Defence pact to boost defence sector in both countries. This was announced by Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Japan’s new Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga.
- The pact provides the legal framework for the Australian forces in Japan and Japanese forces in Australia.
- The defence pact would enable both the countries to intensify their military cooperation
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
- Capital: Canberra
- Prime minister: Yoshihide Suga
- Capital: Tokyo
Linz Open Title won by Aryna Sabalenka
Aryna Sabalenka (Belarus) won the Linz Open 2020 Title. She defeated Elise Mertens of Belgium in the finals. Sabalenka won her first Grand Slam at the 2019 US Open.
- She has been ranked at number 9 in singles and number 2 in doubles by the Women Tennis Association.
- Ashleigh Barty remains at the top even after skipping US and French Open in 2020.
Nobel-prize-winning Physicist Masatoshi Koshiba dies
Japanese Nobel-prize-winning Physicist Masatoshi Koshiba passed away. He is also known as one of the founders of Neutrino astronomy and jointly won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2002.
- He also served as the Acting Director, Laboratory of High Energy Physics and Cosmic Radiation, Department of Physics, University of Chicago
World Antimicrobial Awareness Week is observed on 18 – 24 November
The World Health Organization which is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health has organized the Antimicrobial Awareness Week.
- The main aim of this is to increase awareness of global antimicrobial resistance.
- This year World Antimicrobial Awareness Week Theme is United to Preserve antimicrobials.
Naturopathy Day is observed on November 18
Every year AYUSH Ministry is celebrated Naturopathy Day on November 18. The First Naturopathy Day is celebrated on November 2018.
- The Day is celebrated to boost the drug-less system of medicine to prevent diseases.
- AYUSH Ministry was established in 2014 to ensure the development and propagation of AYUSH systems of medicine and health care.
Current affairs is a genre of broadcast journalism. This differs from regular news broadcasts which place highlights on news reports
How can I remember GK and current affairs easily?
Always be on track. Never miss reading current affairs more than 2 weeks.
Always discuss current affairs with other aspirants.
Take Quiz to revise topics that you already covered
How can I study current affairs for competitive exams?
Follow our examsdaily site and stay updated and make a note of all the important issues happening internationally and nationally as you might need to re – read them