Cabinet Approvals on October 21, 2020. Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister of India Shri. Narendra Modi approved the following proposals on October 21, 2020.
Cabinet approves MoU between India-Nigeria on Space Cooperation:
Union Cabinet approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) which is the national space agency of the Republic of India and the National Space Research and Development agency of Nigeria.
- The MoU were signed with an objective to wnhance cooperation between the countries in the areas in the field of satellite communication, satellite based navigation, Remote Sensing of the earth, space systems and ground systems, practical applications of space Technology.
- This MoU will give opportunities to discover new research activities. It would also help to explore various applications in the field of Remote sensing of the earth satellite, Communication satellites, Navigation satellite, Space science and Exploration of outer space.
- President: Muhammadu Buhari
- Capital: Abuja
Cabinet approves MoU between ICAI and CPA:
The Union Cabinet has approved the MoU between the Institute of Chartered Accounts of India (ICAI) which is the national professional accounting body of India and the Certified Practising Accountants, Papua New Guinea (CPA PNG).
- Under this MoU they will be working together in capacity building and to strengthen the Accounting, Financial and Audit Knowledge base in Papua New Guinea.
- To hold technical events, seminars and conferences in Papua New Guinea
- To develop the modules of specific subjects for CPA-PNG Examination.
- To arrange the students and faculty exchange programs.
Union Cabinet approved extension of the Market Intervention Scheme for J&K apples:
The cabinet approved the extension of Market Intervention Scheme (MIS) for apple procurement in Jammu and Kashmir for the year 2020-21. This acquirement will be done by National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation ltd which is a Central Procuring Agency.
- GoI has also allowed NAFED to utilize Government Guarantee of Rs. 2,500 Crore for this operation.
- The losses, if any, to be incurred in this operation will be shared between Central Government and UT administration of J&K on 50:50 basis.
- 12 LMT of apples can be procured under this scheme.
- Recently, Union Cabinet Approved the STARS Project. What is the total cost of the STARS Project? – Rs 5,718 crore
- If any minister does not agree with any decision of the Cabinet then, – He has to resign
- Who said that “The cabinet is the pivot around which the whole political machinery revolves”? – Sir John Marriott
- World Bank approves how many million USD for education under STARS Project? – 500 million
- Recently, Which three public sector Units gets cabinet approval for Capital Infusion – OICL,UIICL & NICL