Government released Anemia Mukt Bharat Index 2020 – Topped by Haryana. Haryana topped in the Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) Index among all the 29 states in the country. Haryana scored 46.7 points. The ‘Anemia Mukt Bharat’, an initiative of the Union Heath Ministry and UNICEF, has been launched to reduce the prevalence of anemia all over India.
- Haryana is one of 11 states in the country that have achieved National Health Policy targets well before 2020.
- The institutional deliveries have increased to 93.7 per cent and it was possible due to 24-hours delivery facilities in the state.
- As per the reports, the state had achieved 93 per cent of immunization in 2019-20.
About Anemia Mukt Bharat:
- The scheme provides for the supervised biweekly iron-folic acid (IFA) supplementation by the ASHA for all under-five children.
- It focuses on six target beneficiary groups, through six interventions and six institutional mechanisms to achieve the envisaged target under the POSHAN Abhiyan.
About Union Health Ministry:
- Union Minister: Harsh Vardhan
- Minister of State: Ashwini Kumar Choubey
- The Union Health Ministry has included the use of which anti-viral drug as part of “investigational therapy” only for restricted emergency-use in its updated Clinical Management Protocol for Covid-19 patients? – Remdesivir
- Government of India has launched which portal, for the healthcare supply chain that provides real-time availability of critical supplies? – Aarogyapath
- Where did the Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan announced setting up of 10,500 health and wellness centers? – Madhya Pradesh
- Which Government Organization to lead global procurement, supply of COVID Vaccines? – UNICEF
- Name the UNICEF Representative in India – Dr. Yasmin Ali Haque
- UNICEF partnered with which Telecom Company to map school Internet Connectivity in 35 countries? – Ericsson