India- Vietnam Business Forum held to boost trade and Investment. The India Vietnam Business Forum was conducted between both nations. Both Nations reaffirmed the growing bilateral trade and investment ties between India and Vietnam. Due to COVID19 pandemic the forum was held virtually through video conferencing.
- Trade between India and Vietnam has grown steadily and presently stands at 12.34 billion dollars in 2019-20.
- India’s Exports to Vietnam includes bovine meat, fishery products, corn, steel, pharmaceuticals, cotton, machinery while imports from Vietnam include mobile phones etc.
- India and Vietnam established their extensive economic ties including oil exploration, agriculture and manufacturing in the year 1972.
- Both sides agreed to establish a Strategic Partnership in 2007.
- According to the report, India’s trade with Vietnam is just dollar 5 billion while Vietnam’s trade with China is dollar 65 billion as of 2015
- Capital: Hanoi
- Currency: Vietnamese dong
- India-US ‘2+2’ dialogue 2020 to be held in – New Delhi
- Who represented India at 102nd World Bank Development Committee Meeting? – Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- 36th Asian Summit was chaired by – Vietnam
- The United Nation’s COP 26 climate change summit, which has been postponed to 2021, was scheduled to be held in which city? – Glascow
- Recently, India signed MoU in the field of cooperation in education and scientific research with which country? – Vietnam
- India and which country held High Level Meeting under their “oversight mechanism” to review development projects funded by New Delhi in the Himalayan nation? – Nepal