JKSSB Accounts Assistant Syllabus 2020– Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board (JKSSB) is a service recruiting board constituted by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir that conducts examinations to various departmental services. The board had released the official notification for the recruitment of Accounts Assistant (Panchayat) in the Department of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj under provisions of Jammu & Kashmir. Candidates who applied for this post can check the syllabus and exam pattern in this page.
JKSSB Accounts Assistant 2020
JKSSB Accounts Assistant 2020 Exam Details:
Candidates will be shortlisted by the written test by the board. The overall merit of the candidate shall be determined on the basis of marks obtained in written test. JKSSB Accounts Assistant written exam is an Objective Type exam which contains 120 marks from six topics, they are;
- General Know ledge with special reference to J&K
- Mathematics/ Statistics
- General Economics
- Knowledge of Computer Applications
- Accountancy and Book Keeping
JKSSB Accounts Assistant 2020 Exam Pattern Details:
The total time of 2 hours will be given to the candidates. Candidates can check the exam pattern and the syllabus details below.
JKSSB Accounts Assistant 2020 Syllabus:
General Knowledge with special reference to J&K:
- Popular names of personalities (Religion, Politics, Scientific discoveries,
- Geographical, Sports, History)
- Constitution of India – Formation, Fundamental rights, Directive principles.
- 73rd amendment of constitution of India.
- Centrally Sponsored Schemes- Guidelines and objectives.
- Important Tourist Destinations.
- History of J&K- places and their importance.
- Sustainable Development Goal.
- Agriculture in economic development, industrialization and economic
- Panchayati Raj Act, 1989 (as amended upto October, 2018 and rules)
- Climate and crops in J&K and India.
- Current events of Local, National and International importance.
- Theory of Probability.
- Tabulation and compilation of data.
- Methods of collecting primary and secondary data.
- Theory of Attributes- Basic concept and their applications.
- Sampling and Non Sampling errors.
- Analysis of Time Series components.
- Demography- Census, its feature and functions.
- Vital Statistics- Measures of fertility, Measures of Mortality, specific fertility rates,
- gross and net reproduction rates.
- Set Theory- Basic Concepts and Applications.
- Matrices & Determinants, simultaneous Linear Equations.
- Analytical Geometry.
- Introduction of Economics- Basic concept and Principles.
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and Budgeting including own resource generation
- and budgeting for Panchayat.
- Fiscal Policy, Meaning, Scope and Methodology.
- Growth and development: – Meaning, Scope, Difference & Relevance.
- Inflation; Meaning, Types, Effects
- Production, cost and efficiency.
- Factors of production and laws.
- Demand analysis.
- Theory of Consumers demand using in difference curve technique.
- Pricing under various forms of Markets.
- Concept of Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP)
Knowledge of Computer Applications:
- Introduction and Objectives.
- Basic Applications of Computer and its component.
- Bringing computer to life.
- Fundamentals of computer sciences.
- Hardware & Software, Concept of Open Source Technologies.
- Input & output Devices.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Powerpoint, PDF Internet and
- Concept of Computer Virus and Latest Anti-Virus.
- Terms and Abbreviation used in IT.
Accountancy and Book Keeping:
- Introduction to Financial Accounting and its terms.
- Accounting equation and Journal.
- Voucher Approach in Accounting.
- Bank reconciliation Statement.
- Financial Management/Statements.
- Partnership Accounts.
- Ledger Accounts.
- Cash Book, Financial Audit.
- Elements of Double entry Book Keeping.
- Rules for journalizing.
- Trial Balance.
- Trading Account.
- Profit Loss Account and Balance Sheet.
- Concept of Social Accounting, Social Audit and cash based single entry system o accounting.
- Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- Biology- Important Inventions and their inventor; Important and Interesting facts about human body parts; Nutrition in Animals and Plants; diseases and their causes like bacteria; Viruses and Protozoa.
- Chemistry- Chemical Properties of Substance and their uses; Chemical name of Important substances like Plaster of Paris etc.; Chemical Change and Physical Change; Properties of Gases; surface Chemistry; Chemistry in Everyday life.
- Physics- Important inventions and their inventor; S.I Units; Motion; Sound; light; Wave; energy; Electricity.
The selection for these posts shall be made on the basis of written test only. Marks scored by candidates in written test will be normalized if required, to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
Candidates can download this syllabus by click the link given below.