Southern Railway has introduced a new operation called Mary Saheli to ensure the safety of women traveling on trains. The announcement is expected to be welcomed in today’s context where the safety of women living in the country is essential.
Ensuring their safety is essential as the crimes against women in the country are currently increasing day by day. In an effort to do so, the Southern Railway has introduced Operation Mary Saheli. This will focus on providing security for female passengers traveling on trains from their starting point to the destination station.
Mary Saheli Procedures!
The Railway Security Force (RPF) will be deployed at each railway station. Women traveling on trains should call 182 if they feel they are in danger or in danger. Upon learning this, the railway security force rushes to the woman who was called to the next station. Strict action will be taken if any assistance is required.
There are currently 17 teams comprising of RPF female officers and staff in the following sections operating under the Southern Railway:
- Chennai Division: Dr. MGR Chennai Central & Chennai Egmore
- Tiruchirappalli Division: Trichy, Thanjavur, Pondicherry & Naga-Pattinam
- Salem Division: Coimbatore Erode & Salem
- Madurai Division: Madurai, Tirunelveli, Thoothukudi and Red Fort Station
- Palakkad Division: Mangalore Central
- Thiruvananthapuram Division: Nagercoil, Thiruvananthapuram and Ernakulam South
1.Where was saheli developed?
Saheli was developed CDRI lucknow in india.
2.who develop saheli?
Originally developed by Central Drugs Research Institute as the first indigenous molecule (centchroman) in 1991.